Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer is winding down...

So, I have been busy, busy, busy rearranging my house. I switched my front two rooms around. So, right when you walk in, is our living room, and the room to the right is a playroom! I figured I needed it with Jake and Jenna getting so big and being very busy, and needing to be entertained all the time. I know I am probably insane, but I have decided to open up an in home daycare! I figure, I am staying home anyway, and I have the playroom all set up, and I have a degree in child development, and I need extra money! I am getting a business license, etc. So, pretty excited. I will start Sept. 1st. Still need to do a lot to get prepared, renew my CPR certification and First Aid, take an orientation on the state child care licensing process, have a home inspection, build up an outdoor play area, advertise, etc. It will help so much too, because I will have to be so super scheduled, and keep my house extremely clean. It will be really good for my family to tighten up our routine/chores. I have recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. It is basically hypothyroidism, but mine is an autoimmune disorder. Antibodies are attacking my thyroid. I have been on medication now since the end of May and feel MUCH better. I have lost 16 lbs, and FEEL WONDERFUL physically/emotionally! I no longer eat ANY gluten, dairy or soy. I have never felt better in my entire life. So, I am sad that summer is winding down, but am looking forward to this new school year and all of the memories/adventures/challenges that are headed my way!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Good luck on the day care! You'll be amazing at that! I would've totally brought my kids to you! I hope it works out!